Site Hits - Well done one and all

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thai me down

So there I was, bashing away at the drums happily, when the maintenance chap arrived to fettle the aircon in the main bedroom. (It's been broken for a few days now so I've been sleeping in the spare room - NO chance of sleep without aircon if you're remotely English.)
So I let him in and he noticed the drums, and asked me to play! Well of course I obliged in my still-learning-but-proud-of-my-coolness way. He then informed me that his little helper guy plays. After some mangled english/thai conversation, the helper guy has a go on the drums - and plays like a pro! Just goes to show, no matter where you are, pride goes before a fall.

In other news, Lyn arrives on Wednesday, and I couldn't be more excited. We'll probably spend the first week having the obligatory arguments, then all will be fine. Hope she doesn't mind living with a large set of drums in the living room. I have kept the plant alive though.

In other news, I've blagged a week in New Mills working from home in November. So no more long stretches alone, hurrah.

In other news, my Offshore account is now up and running, so I can start counting the reasons for being here.

In other news, I found a squash club and had a game. However a permanent membership would be £1000 per year and I can't justify that so that will probably be my last game. Shame.

In other news, I've just read back through this article and it's boring. I'll try to come up with a quality item before the weekend's out. Maybe I need to venture out with the trusty phone/camera....

2 comments:

  1. Russell
    You old fart.
    I have finally managed to find some time to put a few lines together. I plucked up enough courage to find the older blogs, despite the warning and was surprised at how white an Englishmans arse could be!
    On the subject of Squash, I have just re joined our old club in Germany. I have spoken to several members and Nils sends his regards. He remembers you from when you used to play in the team. I also met him at a party last night as well. Hope you are doing well and I am looking forward to loving you long time on the 10th Sept. I will land and go straight to my hotel I think. Then I will give you a call and we can hit the town. Hi to Lyn and her pussies. I am looking forward to seeing her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and old Nils seem to be getting along just fine. Is there any chance of romance?
    I'll try to discover some good bars to go to when you get here. Otherwise it'll be a trip to our local restaurant, which is not bad but not exactly the bright lights. I hardly ever go out in fact. Haven't had alcohol since Lyn went home on the 6th. Yes it'll be good to get the gang back together.

    ReplyDelete