Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The AAAAArrgh is over

Just to say thanks to all those people who expressed sympathy (thanks daughter) for my frustration at not being able to play with my new drums.
I visited one of the many giant Plazas in Bangkok and came away with numerous bits of cable, jack plugs, converters and a pair of headphones. The drums are now working fine, and I can spend the next year or so working on my timing, which seems to have deteriorated on the bedpost overnight.
Been a bit depressed this week for various reasons, ohm sickness being one of them. I'll do a nice long scribble this weekend on the blog to cheer me up. How would that be?

tata for now.

4 comments:

  1. How can one be down in the land of smiles? There must be lots of things you could do like go and find a stray dog to take home and look after - me and my brothers have to stick together you know! Anyway glad to hear you're wearing headphones - at least it will only be YOU that has to suffer the racket (!), it can be extremely annoying for us dogs, as you know we have extremely sensitive ears.

    Your good wife was here on Saturday - I think a good time was had by all, mum fell asleep and dad doesn't remember going to bed - nothing changes!

    Anyway got to go and drag mum on the canal now cos it's my time....

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really down. I don't always wear the headphones. When I think I'm playing well I let rip through the PC speakers - quite loud.
    Had no complaints yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The timing will come with ease now you have drums to strum!! It was only ment as sarcasm my last comment. You have all the time in the world to practise.
    Finally moved downstairs tonight and have managed to get the computer back up and running (a god send as we have no tv to relax to on our return from the pub -practise for Saturday!!!!). Loving the cosiness of living in 3 rooms.
    As a Tetotaller I will be having a drink or few for you on Saturday and will almost definately be in no fit state on Sunday!!! May manage to surface on Monday and scrape the last few hours of our last bank holiday until Christmas!!!
    How's the job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Lucy is it?

    Remember for Saturday - it's a marathon, not a sprint. And look after my missus.

    ReplyDelete