Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lumpini Walk

I've discovered that the walkway I can see from my pool, which is alongside the canal, goes all the way to Lumpini Park, one of the greener parts of the city. Therefore when I noticed after lunch that I was having trouble keeping my chin off my chest, and having heard from some or other quack that sunshine is good for jetlag, I decided to take a little stroll.

Some photos were gleaned, but mostly I just got footsore in my sandals. Also I'm still jetlagged.

These two are meant to show how hot it is in Bangkok, just to wind you all up a bit..














I did plenty of walking...














View of Lake Green from the Klong...



..and the back view, showing the pool area on the 15th floor...



..and what, we're supposed to cycle up that? Bloody hell, glad I was walking.



Having said that, I do love a challenge. Maybe I'll get myself a bike and ride to the park regularly...



Getting down would be fun.

No more photos I'm afraid, it turned into the usual epic find-your-way-home scenario and if it hadn't been for the nice security guard on the church gates on Soi 10, who let me through onto Soi 8 instead of schlepping all the way up to Sukhumvit and back down, I'd have ended up with bleeding feet. As it is they are just sizzling a little. All in all a rewarding stroll. Got some sun on my head too.

Be good.

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    Having seen those photos am seriously wishin I was in Bangkok and not freezing my ...s off in NMs. Finding the transition from nice warm cozy Bank View to -1.2 at Mousley Bottom a bit of a challenge and getting out of bed a real struggle - managed to surface at 12.50pm today and found Gem sharing in our warmth under the duvet at the bottom of our bed!!! - that was why my feet were so warm!!!
    Am now trying to syc myself up for some seriously hard times at work in the coming months and plan on sorting out the lbs I have gained, in a short space of time, by sorting some challenging cycling routes out for your return in Feb. Hope the time on the rig is not too dull and that time passes quickly.

    Lubiloo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you loob, I really do. Are your builders back at work yet? Surely they can have the heating on soon. I'm off to the rig on Friday so it's no picnic here. I'll work 12 hours, 7 days for four weeks, and no women/booze/open space.
    Things will be better in February, you wait and see. It might even get above freezing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Russell, The walk looks fantastic. I just bought Hill Running shoes and think I want to give it a basg - they would be great on the lumpini walk. I dont know if I feel like another marathon but thought the one in Belfast in May could be on - unless this hill running works out. Ah well the girls and I did a long walk today - Jessie has been very fickle towards Ruskin and has allowed another terrier type to shag her senseles for 5km - well he shagged her shoulder mostly. He is very small and not terribly bright. I put vicks on her bottom but it didnt deter him. Ah the joys of Limerick in winter ... well I guess it beats sheep shagging in Auz.

    Oh by the way - yer man the popes ring kisser seems to have lost his ardour... nevermind there will be another one?

    Bye and have fun

    ReplyDelete