Site Hits - Well done one and all

Friday, January 30, 2009

Been Busy

A week to go, can't wait for shore leave. I'm only off for two weeks then I have another 28 day trip. Better be worth it. Actually it is.
Had some success today, proof positive that our system will actually work. I saw data on my lovingly crafted screens from a platform 10 km away. Time to celebrate but there's no beer! Ah well, I'll post some drivel instead.
Here's me on my old friend, the infernal contraption. Half a sweaty-puffy-panty hour every other night, whether I want to or not.


Arty daybreak shot.

Me in my kit.



Pramote - or to use his name for himself, the special guy. An absolute star, and completely insane.
In other news, I took some video of my journey from the accommodation block to the office I work in - well I've walked it 8 times a day for 3 weeks solid so suck it up, land lubbers. Anyway I converted it to WMV format and stuff me, it's rotated 90 degrees. This makes it a pain to watch unless you're lying down. I'll fettle it and post it soon, bet you can't wait.

Will somebody post some news from the real world? I can't be arsed surfing on this dog slow connection. What happened in Gaza? Are Liverpool still top? Are Labour still in? Is it still winter? What does my missus look like? Am I married? What pub was I in?

Be good.

8 comments:

  1. To answer your questions;

    He cried.
    Northwest.
    They've never been fashionable (Remeber Prescott trying to mime to "Things Can Only Get Better" (they didn't)).
    It always is compared to over there.
    Crazy hair.
    Yes.
    How unconventional (it's usually done in a Church).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried to look up some real news but it's all too depressing!

    Had my interview for my MA. It went well. Will hear in 2 weeks.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed alex!



    russell, love the chinos and denim shirt will you wear them when you come home please;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liverpool are secong in the league, Manchester United are first who are playing Everton on Saturday. Liverpool are playing Chelsea on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Current news : Its still raining in Ireland.

    Today is officially the first day of spring (1 February).

    For more info on love-live please read blogg on Eclipse!!!

    Started running this weekend - 2 x 4 mile runs - body broken - cant bend like a pretzel for Camel Man ... LOL !!!

    Tis said that Ireland is actually in a depression ... I could have told them that months ago.

    T went back to uni ... Hurray for my sanity !!!

    Thats all folks ... from your breezy British broadcaster (well Irish actually .. )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry ... sordid details from love life under SPOOKY ... sorry for sending you in circles ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. More news as it happens please Odette, we're all pleased for you obviously. And got rid of T as well - bonus!
    I now have three days left on here. Tick tick tick

    ReplyDelete
  8. More news from Ireland ...

    The economy is in tatters and it all seems to hinge on whether civil servants will take a tax cut on their pension contributions or summat. Honestly its like watching Wimbledon on all the courts at once ...

    Its been snowing ... but its slushy so no chance of putting on ski gear and pretending we are on holiday.

    Tyrone is complaining that Chemistry 2 is very difficult and dissimilar to Chem 1. To resolve this issue he is spending inordinate amounts of time with the girls from the chem class. It appears to involve watching movies and eating popcorn but its all part of the learning curve he tells me ???

    The dogs have gone to their father for the week.

    My car window got smashed in by a disgruntled employee (or her connections) I had to dismiss last week as part of the rightsizing / retrenchment programme. Funny how the brief - work or get fired doesnt seem to be part of the local work culture. The shock and horror when I had to lay off several people for gross negligence of duties and incompetance. Clearly its the first time they have heard these words. And dont give me the PC warm and fuzzy ... there is no space for dead-wood in a tight economy. God its been a harrowing few weeks and its not over.

    BTW - they left the brake shoes they smashed the window with lying around so I gave them to the Garda ... but hey if you come from the wrong side of the tracks not even the Garda will mess with you.

    So yes alive and well and hanging in there.

    Nuff said ... good night ...xxx

    ReplyDelete