Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tick Tick Tick

Bag is packed, hours early. Now I'm at a loss for something to do. What better reason to type out some drivel for my thousands of readers.

I fly at half past midnight, but it's only 730pm and it takes about 50 minutes to get to the airport. Hmm let's see, that gives me about three hours to wait. How much twaddle can I produce in that time? Lots.

Let me have a rummage around my photo folder....nah, not much there I'm afraid. There's this one:


.. of Rojo's, a cocktail bar where Lyn and I have spent many a happy, er, happy hour drinking whisky sour/pina colada/long island iced tea and watching the world go by.

Or there's this:


..of a Thai bloke in a blue hat selling tickling sticks.

Or there's these:



..which prove that some traffic cops can carry off the all-black/jack boots/surgical mask look better than others.

Or this:


..which is nothing more than my attempt at an arty photo.

And finally this:


..which is the view from my desk.

Sorry it's such a lot of crap. I need a new thread to follow, something to set the imagination alight. Watch this space. Meanwhile an hour has gone by and my trip home is just a little nearer.

Here are a nice pair of bookends:

..at the lantern procession in 2007. Ahhh, memories of New Mills (sob).

I'll be in the Beehive tomorrow (Friday) from about 7pm if anyone wants some beer.

Be good.

2 comments:

  1. Coming home yet again.....soon you will be inside the giant wasps nest again...looking at the huge bottles of Jonny Walker, and wondering how heavy they are too carry....

    So....I am south of the border on Sunday (London)...will be driving up..so a stop over in New Mills could be on the cards...midweek good for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. Avoid Tuesday if possible. Call my UK mobile 07801 352655.
    I´m via Helsinki this time, so no honeycomb to photograph, just a load of xmas deccies. See latest blog for a right old winge.

    ReplyDelete