Site Hits - Well done one and all

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crossword2 - 5

Sandy whips up his mount and overtakes on the stand rail..
Come on guys don't let him have another sloppy kiss.

Sandy, wrong on 45 down. See, he's not infallible!

Lynny, stop scaring the punters.

Denise 1 answer
Lyn 10 answers
Odette 17 answers
Sandy 26 answers



ACROSS:
6. Dismal.(4)
32. Possibly one time too many.(3,5)
35. Like this clue.(6)
37. Agreement from an individual.(6)
39. Cruel.(8)
42. For geeks: invert the following logic.(3)
47. Ancient hill. Lots of these in New Mills.(3)
52. Become 30 across.(3)
63. Can be flat, toe-clip or SPuD.(6)

DOWN:
7. Eye discharge.(5)
8. The seat of consciousness.(4)
11. Not from heaven.(7)
17. They can be wild, chosen or bit-of-a.(4)
22. "A dark and hungry God ------", Stephen Donaldson novel.(6)
28. Slang word for power or influence.(5)
34. Make sterile.(6)
44. Ah, the sound of these on a frosty winters morning. I miss it.(7)
45. Borrow, colloquial.(4)
46. Ate.(5)

6 comments:

  1. oh come on guys.....I'm gonna have to re-enter this race if no-one else is running....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 across Grim
    32 across Yet Again
    35 across Obtuse
    37 across Assent
    39 across Sadistic
    42 across Not
    47 across Tor
    52 across Ail

    7 down Rheum
    8 down Mind
    11 down Earthly
    17 down Ones
    22 down Arises
    28 down Clout
    34 down Neuter
    46 down Dined

    There doesn't appear to be a clue for 41 down but I'm going to go ahead and guess 'Century'.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear...looks like my minion Alex has scuppered Odettes chances.....pucker up Russell....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to catch me first Buchanan. Hey I spoke to J Brown t'other day. He's doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah... I gave him your contact details and blog address. He's all loved up with his wee daughter (bless...) He's working on a month by month basis in organon - in Dublin still. I've just been given a pile of work...the FAT is in Dec 09 - eek....am I putting down roots
    ??!! egad... mnore than 1 year in a contract...I must be ill....Why doesn't your oil rigs use Honeywell or experion eh? eh? I could do you a homer....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe both are rival products. I've heard Experion mentioned a few times around the office and I'll ask if we need anyone, but the collapse in the oil price has led to some belt-tightening and head-shaking around here....

    ReplyDelete