Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"You want go-fiss misturr?"

I was making my way home today in the pissing down rain, thinking it was nice weather for goldfish. Next thing this chap appeared....
(Yes they are fish on a stick)

Needless to say I didn'y buy one. It's so typically Thai, to go round the streets expecting people to say "just what I came out for - a half-dead guppy". I wonder if he sold any. The fish would have fared better if I'd bought the whole pole and released them into the overflowing gutter. I hope wifey doesn't get too upset on reading this, she hates cruelty to fish, except when it's battered and fried.

In other news, I missed off an acecdote from our xmas season. We went to New-Years-Day dinner at Suzi's (lyn's sister - hello S) and had a good bodhran session after dinner(Which was delicious thanks). Three drums present - what a lovely noise. Next time Steve, don't forget yours, and we'll give the neighbours something to complain about. No pictures of the event, let alone video. Never mind.

Be good.

3 comments:

  1. Eesh. Not only are they on a stick, they have practically no water. Are you sure they're not for snacks?!

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I was worried there, what with you going skiing in a mini-ice age. Did you have any days of no snow? i.e. with visibility greater than 2 metres? And are you now a bona fide seal pup? That's a name I gave to the shoals of boarders I saw basking on their arses at the side of every piste when I was on the ski-lift. Rather droll, I thought.

    The fish - yes we wondered the same, so I showed the photo to a Thai person in work who was, of course, equally bemused. Strangely, he was slightly offended that we could suggest they eat goldfish here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, there were a few really good days. Sunshine and everything. And I didn't spend much time on my bottom. I am a competent snowboarder.

    Well of course they don't eat goldfish. It's not like they're nutritious, like grasshoppers, for heaven's sake!

    A x

    ReplyDelete