Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If you can't fight, wear a big hat.

..or...

If you're going to tell lies, tell big ones.

I laughed at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/coventry_warwickshire/8454415.stm

The guy's got a barn door's worth of medals on his chest. He's 61 and therefore missed his chance vis-a-vis the second world war by the best part of a fair bit, but apparently had medals from said conflict. Like most blokes, I've gone to some lengths to convince my missus I'm hard as nails and dead brave, but this chap went a bit far, apparently to impress his new his 37-year-old wife. Wonder if she's still cooking his tea for when he gets home from community service every night?

Posthumous thanks to my Dad (who really was in the war) for the title to this blog.

Be good, and be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment