Site Hits - Well done one and all

Friday, July 3, 2009

That time

I didn't get a chance to blog and now I'm back in Bangkok with nothing but good news about my trip. Unless you count having the trots, spending four nights on a titanium slab masquerading as a mattress, getting up at 5am to climb onto a "personal basket" (see video), being transported by boat to the workplace for 7am, doing a whole day of watching the other guy fix everything, then doing the whole transfer-by-boat thing to be home by 8pm, to sleep on the slab for two or three fitful hours, to do it all again...sorry but you got me started.

The good news is, fingers crossed, he (Mr Wonderware) fixed it and we can now get on with finishing the job. That starts this weekend when I work Saturday and Sunday to get ready for a test next week. No rest for the righteous.

Some photgraphic/videographic evidence of my trip:


This is me using a personal basket to get off the crew boat and onto the platform. Did this at beginning and end of every day because we stayed on Millennium, whcih is normally alongside but has been moved a mile away to give room for some new pipelines to be installed.

Mister Wonderware (Chuan - nice guy) and Peter posing.

Sunrise from Millennium deck. Good eh?
Benchamas platform, twice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Russell you are so brave in that basket, I'll have to speak to Lyn about how she feels seeing that. I'm so glad Mr Wonderware fixed the problem and we are not going to run out of fuel back here in good old Blighty. Happy working now that a bit of the stress has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched that video and it's really badly blured. I have a much clearer version which I'll upload to replace it. I'm surprised you could make out what was going on.
    Stop press: after another false dawn, the system is not fixed. However WW are working on it and they will send us a hotfix soon. That will naturally mean someone has to go out there and install it...

    ReplyDelete