Site Hits - Well done one and all

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Absolutely sloshed

Got very very wet on the way home today, it being the "season of occasional downpours in Thailand" (for the less observant, that's "SOD IT!!" for short). Luckily I followed suit with the natives as soon as it started, scurrying under the nearest bridge to wait it out, then dejectedly donning hopelessly inadequate waterproofs and setting out again when it showed no sign of abating. The natives all do creative stuff with bin liners and shopping bags but I had my pac-a-mac and leggings handy. By the time I got home my feet were as wet as Roger Federer's t-shirt.

While we're on sweating, I just got back from the gym. I did what's basically too expensive in the UK unless you're a Bank chief exec, and joined one of those big glitzy ones with four floors of stepping/cycling/cross-training/hybrid machines and awful disco music blaring out all day long. It's possible here because it's only the equivlaent of £30 a month, and it's air conditioned. So I don't have to trudge round Lumphini Park in 35 degrees and I can get away with one bottle of water per session. I managed 2km of rowing (8 min 28 sec if you're feeling competitive) followed by 30 mins on the bike. Next time I'll try running but I wanted to ease myself back in today with some low-impact stuff. My poor old bones.

While we're (still) on exercise, Lyn's been for two - count 'em - two runs this week. I swear by the time she gets here on Sunday she'll look like a speccy (and slightly less vacuous) version of Barbie. Sorry love, no offence.

Not much more to tell really. Oh, Lyn went to a "July 4th Quiz-B-Q" dressed as a cowboy. Here's evidence:



Going back to this blog's title (what, you thought it was about water? Ha), she got so drunk she left my nice hat, which she'd borrowed without consent, at the party. I'm incensed. In order to prove you've retrieved the hat, dear, you'll have to bring it to Thailand. And while you're at it you might as well bring the rest of the outfit as well - just in case we get invited to a fancy address party you understand, no other reason of course. Ahem.

Better go now. Be good

8 comments:

  1. hmmmmmmm..........think i might wear that outfit on fri night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you want to wear the outfit huh? - you herding some cows out there? Visiting Soi Cowboy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought it looked kinda cute :-(

    you don't?

    how's it going btw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lyn -

    Yes, you should wear it over to Bangkok... I remember vividly one particular 'cabaret performance' where the cast were wearing 'cowboy-esque' outfits.....

    Still haven't had time for a holiday - boo - but the project build finishes in 1 week - so hope to get away soon.....Also be good to catch up in NewMills when your hubby gets home next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. august 22nd sat night we're having a bit of a soiree, can you make it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi , yes - hope to come down for the 22nd. Don't know where I'll be by then as it's a few weeks away, (work etc) - but I will aim for a wee visit....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn, I am keeping you to the 22nd, you've told us now - no going back. Russell just so you can get yourself prepared - expect a party!
    With Love x - I am still here but tired and should really go to bed! Oh by the way Lyn made me run for the train tonight in 5inch heels gggrrrhhh. I will make her suffer tomorrow (he he he)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I expect a party. You taking her running again? Blimey I can't keep up. I ran at the gym yesterday and felt decidedly dodgy. Think maybe I shold stick to cycling. Maybe I'll buy a bike over here.

    ReplyDelete