Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's in the Med

Just researched the vessel that's bringing my stuff from Thailand (MSC ALEXANDRA - she's a big one, see picture) and found a ship-tracking site. Apparently my drums are somewhere north of Tobruk in the Eastern Mediterranean. How that affects the ETA next tuesday I don't know. I'll have another look tomorrow to see how far it's moved.





Couple of things irritating me:

Adverts for online poker with real people in - don't get the idea that you're not sad and lonely.
Adverts for cars with no other cars in - don't get the idea that you won't be queueing to get along the high street just like all the other poor saps.

Actually I should just put "Adverts in General". I turn on the telly to be entertained, not sold things I don't need. Ditto the radio, although I only really listen to non-commercial channels.

Wifey's in Ireland for a few days, which adds to my grumpiness. Nobody to complain at me so I get anxious.

And finally, in place of a tour update, a quote:

"It is nice to be recognised for actually achieving something in life as opposed to spending seven weeks in a house on TV with a load of other muppets."

- Bradley Wiggins, after finishing 4th in the tour last year.

I like that.

Laters

5 comments:

  1. My name is Alexandra, and I'm doing an MSc... Coincidence? I think so :-)

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spotted. Easy to get confused, but luckily you're not 366 metres long and currently steaming at 21.7 knots through the murky waters of the Mediterranean. Or are you? I find it so hard to keep track.

    Tickies in the post btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynny? Am I supposed to be moaning at Russell in your absence? You never mentioned this and I believe he is feeling unloved. Honestly cant think of anything ??? oh wait ... he ran out of pills ... will go and moan at him now! He was supposed to remember them last week and he has run out Am I supposed to say dont come crying to me when you can get out of bed ... yoosless!!!. Will this do? Please mail back quick. He ate a fish pie and vegetables ... Im really concerned. Its all going downhill from here. Best you come home real soon. Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yoosless - sounds just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PHEW !!! Lyn is home and the burden of keeping Russell in line has been lifted from my shoulders ... We all got addressed ... especially Cheese for sleeping in the bedroom, and we are not going to be indulging heavily in alcoholic beverages as our once fine figures have been severely distorted by the demon-drink. Now we all feel loved that mother is once again in control. Welcome back Lyn ... its good to have you home ... now to make way for Emma ... tee hee

    ReplyDelete