Site Hits - Well done one and all

Friday, July 23, 2010

Drums update


(Tip - Start up the music while you read - it's an electronic track, bit of a head-nodder)

LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great

Nearing Valencia. Hope they don't stay for the weekend...



In other news, wifey's back with tales of Irish weather we've all heard before. Now our house really begins to fill up, with the arrival on Saturday of Emma and Jodie, and attendant furniture/luggage. Looks like a weekend of logistics is approaching - "Logistics" being a euphemism for lugging piles of stuff up and down stairs. So many stairs, why did I buy this stack of shoe boxes? I swear, if our house was a bungalow it would cover an area roughly the size of Wembley stadium. Oy, my back twinges at the thought of all those suitcases and bags. At least the weather looks to be improving. Plenty of tea breaks on the roof, that's the secret.

While we're on lifting and stairs, are there any non-crippled readers in the Bolton area, willing to dismantle Wifey's installation? The doors (roughly 20 and very heavy) need to be carried down two flights of narrow stairs and loaded onto a trailer, then delivered to a reclamation yard in Macclesfield. I was originally ruled out of this lug-fest due to injury, but now that I've successfully negotiated a squash training session without any increase in back pain, I suppose I'm back in the frame. (see what I did there? No, thought not)

Still thinking about South Korea but the agent hasn't called me, so I guess that means I'm not wanted. Sniff.

Tour update: a proper ding-dong yesterday between the only two riders in with a shout, Bert and the Schleckster. How can two men be so much better than two hundred others? I wish I was young, I'd love to have a go. But back to yesterday, it was really gripping stuff, the battle the fans have been waiting for, ten kilometres of just the two of them up a huge hill called Le Tourmalet, Schleck doing his absolute utmost to shake off the Spaniard, while the rest of the the field were left far behind. In the end they crossed the line virtually together, meaning there are still 8 seconds between them with one individual time trial to go before Paris. Mister Wiggins has set himself the target of winning that time trial, and he might just do it, but the top two are so far ahead that the only real interest is the comparison between them. Ok enough Tour talk.

Still reading? Well done. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment