Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Travelling

..isn't what it's cracked up to be. I'm in Abu Dhabi again, same old same old. I'm waiting at the gate. One guy's asleep next to me, meaning I'm paranoid about making any noise. Meanwhile there are four midle-aged northerners sat opposite me, complaining more thatn I do, and quite loudly. Bloke's still snoring so far, but the key in my back is turning.

On the flight from Manchester there was a young man (about 4 yrs) with that special mix of anger, volume and, above all, stamina, that can make a flight so miserable for 20 or 30 people in nearby seats that driving all the way here in a milk float seems like an attractive proposition. His mother also made the mistake of trying to cover his mouth to save herself from the disapproving glances. That was it, in the eyes of the know-all mothers looking on, she wasn't up to the job.

Ah well, the latte isn't bad, the wireless is free and I have ... 21 minutes of battery life left. Oh bugger, better check my email and sod off. Be good.

4 comments:

  1. sending you a hug xxxxxx

    missing you already, well i am this morning!!

    i did go straight out after dropping you off and i've just woke up.....yes in my own bed ;-)


    slyst what sort of a word is that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd - no number in my email yet....will check tomorrow.... beach life is soooo stressfull....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be there now, the damn thing hibernated due to low battery, before the message went out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Russell,

    All hell has broken loose in Ireland, storms and flooding etc. Glad you have got some work to go back to. Dont sweat it yet.

    Im going out on a greyhound playdate ... yes my sad life, but cant get my nose out of a good book Im busy with. Have to drive to Donegal tomorrow and there are severe weather warnings. Lucky me!

    At least you got home to the missus. Im worried bout her - she is eating shredded cardboard with boiling water. Thought I had reached the bottom but it appears she is outstripping me.

    I have just tried to share my prawn cocktail with my dog, she didnt like the mayo so I licked it off and then she spat the clean prawn at me as well, ya see what I mean?

    check out this website ... tinyurl.com/corkflood

    Ciao and take care mon ami,

    ReplyDelete