Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, November 8, 2009

:(

She's gone home. I'm distraught. 40 days till I fly home. How can I make it pass quickly? By making each day identical, tick tick tick, marking time until life begins again. Depressing, init.

In other news, I returned to my gym today for the first time after moaning to the staff about the rowing machines never working. They work now, but the bikes don't, so I cancelled my membership on the way out. Bart tells me his gym, which is one stop further on the skytrain, has machines that aren't broken, no loud music, and a pool to cool off in. Costs a bit more but I believe I'll give it a go.

In other news, Lyn brought my Kindle with her, and I love it...


I've already downloaded and read one book - Margaret Atwood's "The Year Of The Flood". Reading with the Kindle is very easy, it's readable in bright sunshine (Yes we have that here) and also low light levels. Just like a real book in fact. However, with thick books you have to hold the spine open or you lose your page. This you don't even have to hold, just press the button for the next page. I swear I licked my finger to do that yesterday, bloody hilarious, and it won't be the last time.

We (wifey and me) went mooching around Chatuchak market the other day, and found an excellent section devoted to artists and their work. Lots of striking work and arty people sitiing around discussing it. The gallery was runnig an exhibition of several artists' versions of the Mona Lisa. There were about 50 in several rooms, quite bizarre. Here's Lyn getting amongst he mona's..


I'm off now. Try this while you're here....Kurt Vile - Blackberry Song

Be good.

4 comments:

  1. My housemates and I have been daydreaming of owning kindles ever since I told them about yours and we googled it. I am so very jealous!

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous. Hmm, now I feel mean for banging on about it. however, I'm about to bang on even more, haHAR! I've asked for a leather cover for it for xmas. I've also discovered that it will store and play mp3's, but when it says "mp3" it really means it - no WMA's. This is unfortunate since my (vast and eclectic) music collection is mostly in that format. Now I have to double my disk usage by converting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart bleeds for you pater.

    Am I seeing you over Christmas?

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it turns out you're seeing me next week. How's that for a bombshell?

    See new blog entry for details.

    ReplyDelete