Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Six thousandth hit!

Posting and checking this blog entry will be the 6000th hit. Not bad for a pipe-bender from Tuebrook eh? Yes I know, it's pathetic really. Still, anything to cheer us up at the moment.

I found myself with a whole day of lounging about before my flight, so I braved the heat and trundled over to Lumphini park. Got some film of a woman doing Tai Chi with a gigantic chrome sword...
Bizarre eh?
Also took this self-portrait, as soon as I got to the park. I look very stressed here. Could be due to yesterday's news, could be because I hate being so hot and sweaty. I really should work in a cool place.
I sat and read my kindle for a while, cooled off a bit, but then became unreasonably angry at the flies that kept crawling on my greasy skin. Here when you sweat it doesn't evaporate, just stays on your skin like you've been basted with a particularly salty brand of olive oil. Anyway I walked the park for a while and then went home to my lovely AC unit. Here's an arty farty panorama of Lumphini..

7 comments:

  1. Hey there Russell - just read the bombshell news. Hope everything is ok. Sure they need you. When you get back into Bangkok let me know. Please post your Thai mobile number or email it to me at: alexanderbusby@yahoo.ie, I haven't made secret plans to surprise you in Bangkok tomorrow.....honest..... I'm not in Thailand....that would just be silly yes??? Oh well...mail me dude...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be back there on Sunday 22nd. Mail is imminent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o no!!! you're not???!!!

    that would be silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I am... this isn't going the way I planned - but here goes anyway........ SURPRISE!!!!! Beer? Oh well - hope to catch up with you on your return...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, so sorry not to be there, it would have been a nice sursprise. Will you be there after the 22nd? I don't have your email address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Russell - yes I hope to catch up with you on your return here. alexanderbusby@yahoo.ie is my contact.

    It's sods law - don't worry dude!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look as worried as a worried person :-(

    ReplyDelete