Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Signs

Couple of photos for you:


Loved the English, hated the closure.


 
My cosy corner at work - I hope you can read the sign. I got tired of interruptions so resorted to grumpiness. Well I am old after all.

To all Thai phone-users: either don't answer while you're walking, or learn to walk in a straight line whilst talking. A reasonable pace would also be welcome. I've now taken to shouting "OI!" exremely loudly when they meander into my path, and if ignored, barging past with a "Tut!" and a shake of the head. Very grumpy behaviour. The scary thing is, they do it while driving as well. If their sense of direction when walking is anything to go by, the accident rate can only go up. I give them plenty of room when I'm on the bike, that's for sure. Maybe I should get a loud exhaust like Bart's, for extra road-presence. Just in the name of safety, you understand...

In other news, today was the coolest day since last February, and I loved it. I walked the length of Soi 8 without breaking into a sweat. Actually that's a lie - I was picked up by our tuk-tuk half way along. The place will be much more comfortable between now and March, so if anyone's thinking of a trip....

In other news, I have a game lined up with someone who (I'm reliably informed) can play squash properly. This is big news, enormous news, stupendous news. I hope he lives up to expectations. I've been playing weekly with two of the chaps from work but I really miss being regularly played off court for Glossop Squash second team. Ahh, those were the days. I recently got the team sheets for this season's first game sent to me via email - pangs of homesickness set in straight away - and It's the same guys playing, 15 months after I left. Funny how you expect everything to have changed when you've been abroad a while, and somehow disappointing when you discover it hasn't. I've no doubt I'll get the usual "Oh, have you been away?" when I finally get back there.

Off to bed now - I've been to the gym and have to be up early for another day of fending off interruptions.


Be good.

4 comments:

  1. You can't fool me - that can't be your desk. No puzzle donkey on the monitor. In other news, I'm booked into the Russell Hotel in London. You can check in any time you like - but you can never leave?
    In even more exciting news - my project has shipped to London (Russell Hotel anyone?). Woo hoo - roll on FAT.... perhaps I should give up this frivolous hardware engineer life and go back to being a grumpy software engineer?? huh? huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Russell Hotel is only for the weekends.... managed to blag into the Red lion in Henley on Thames for the duration of my trip South.... ooooo very posh....not for the loiks of me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puzzle donkey - there's another cause for nostalgia (Or maybe neuralgia).

    Enjoy London - not an easy task in my experience. I approve of your hotel choice of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we thought we had problems here with mobiles. Now be damn careful with those thais with phones whether they are walking down the sidewalk or in the car...plleease, I know us cyclists like to get a speed up and therefore if said thai loses concentration I dread to think of the possible consequences!! :-<>

    You really are turning back into a fitness freak - cycling, gyming, squashing. Can I dare say you know... being fit and all is suppose to produce what are known as happy endorphins, this seems to have bypassed your system and moved on else where. I know your dead busy and doing and darn good job, keep it up but try and release some of those endorphinganisms, it'll help and thoughts of Lynny coming over will surely help. To help I suggest you tell us all a few jokes I am sure there must be plenty doing the rounds and I'm up for a laugh

    In other news, thank god the wind has picked up and it has decided to start raining, we have been suffering with a plume of chemical gases (Mart's been able to smell it all day)ever since Sterling Lloyd (a plastics factory) blew up yesterday in Birch Vale ! - couldn't get to Hayfield beer fest!!, was on our way there as it happened got stopped as the debrey from the explosion had travelled across the main road, it was on fire all night, got mentioned on Sky news and was on Radio1 this morning. Lynny got a good view from her rooftop garden. No one was injured it has been reported, thank god for that, I was fretting all night as we know a lot of the NMs fire crew. They came from all over, atleast 15 fireengines passed us and 8 Ambulance incident response units.

    Lantern Procession went down well. Good weather, brill turn out - 3451walked the procession (approx 500 more than last year). Didn't get decent photos this year as was Marshall as well as runner - the drink after was very welcome.

    Gotta to go to bed now, bloody shattered, my pace of life is not slowing down and I think I need a long lie down.

    Chin up Mr Grump (post us a smile)

    Lxx

    ReplyDelete