Site Hits - Well done one and all

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fit? I nearly threw one.

Tonight I went to the gym to do some rowing and some cycling. It was a disappointing trip. Of the three rowing machines, number 1 has never had any resistance since I joined, and now numbers 2 and 3 register no actual information when you row. I moved on to the cycling machines, whereupon I tried three machines before I found one that worked, i.e. the display and the buttons for setting times etc worked. Knowing how things go in Thailand, I can predict that due to my strenuous complaints:

1. The "Technician" will visit and report that all is fine, but in fact nothing will have changed.
2. Nothing else will happen.

I find this aspect of Thailand very difficult. It's one of the best and most expensive Gyms in Bangkok, but the machines are breaking one by one and nothing gets fixed. I think I'll leave. There I said it.

2 comments:

  1. A rowing machine? Did you have a good old row with the gym people then? You'r obviously breaking all of the machines. Stop sweating all over them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found another Gym - a bit dearer but has a pool. Maybe I'll stop moaning now.

    ReplyDelete