Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Choice? Nah.

On my way home from the gym tonight, I realised I had exactly 31 baht in my pocket, and that there's nothing to eat at home. My favourite street stall does a mean chicken & rice with hot sauce for 30 - result!. Then the heavens opened. Here when it rains I swear you could drown standing up. It's a one kilometre walk from the train to my apartment and there's no cover. I was wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Bugger. This left me with a choice - get my dinner from the stall, or buy a brolly from one of the many street sellers who spring up from nowhere when it rains. Brolly/dinner/brolly/dinner....hmm, well, you can't eat towels can you?

Night night.

5 comments:

  1. i guessed straight away, no way yu would go without food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi!!! Where food is involved there can be only 1 answer !!!

    Anyhoo you are not an ice-cream you wont melt in the rain ... ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of rain, which an Englishman often does, I made a quick decision NOT to use the bike this morning. Turned out to be a good decision - I was in work early and dry and it's still raining hard out there. Brr. I think we've got the trailing edge of a typhoon that hit Vietnam yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynny, the Korean was everything you'd hate in a meal - meat everywhere, raw right next to cooked on the griddle in the centre of the table. You would have liked the accompaniments though, lots of tasty rabbit food. And the beer was nice.

    ReplyDelete