Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And another thing

Can someone explain why, if I want to eat a lot of fruit to balance out all the junk, I have to peel annoying little round labels off every single item thereof? I'm convinced these things are not biodegradable and we'll soon be sitting on a fruit-sticky-label-mountain. It'll be the straw that breaks the planet's back, mark my words. Also I'm never near a bin when I peel the buggers off. There are scruffy stickers stuck everywhere. My dietary habits could be mapped precisely, just by examining the layers of stickers at strategic points around the apartment/office. Go on, admit it, you've all stuck them to the inside of your desk drawers, or even more sneaky, on the bottom of the table. Or is it just me?

3 comments:

  1. I want to know why its so important to identify each piece of fruit ... its not like you can sue because your banana is brown or your apply was floury. Furthermore you would have to be very sad to stand in front of a judge and sue for cancer proving that all these little stickers proved you ate fruit. I know what a banana is and I dont care where it comes from as long as its big, bright yellow and tasty. If it isnt well then stuff it, you pays you money and you takes you chances ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat them - they're all edible - honest - you should try them. Banana ones are best. Banana flavour. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not so bad on the "skinned" fruits - bananas, oranges etc. But I prefer apples. Kiwi fruit too - and yes I eat the skin, the hairier the better. The skin on a kiwi is fairly thin so removing the demon stickers is tricky. I always end up with mashed kiwi under my thumbnail - talk about green fingers. Am I complaining too much? You'd tell me if I was wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete