Site Hits - Well done one and all

Monday, March 30, 2009

Platformance

Been here four days now and got lots to say. Settle down with a glass, It's going to be a while. I have pictorial content too. For starters, how about this one of the platform's pet turtle? Apparently it's here quite often, must be after the potato peelings (laced with chilli of course). I've been keeping an eye out for it since last time I was here, but this is the first time I've seen it. I was beginning to think it was mythical, a windup. This pic doesn't give an idea of scale but it's fairly large - I'd sat about the size of a Ford Focus. Yes Odette, I'm joking.



I believe BST has kicked in over there. That means an hour less in bed you lazy bunch. After my 3.40 am start on Friday I've now got more sleep than I can handle here, in fact I'm running out of things to dream about. When they start repeating I'll know it's time to leave. Speaking of leaving, one of the choppers broke down on the pad here today, and everyone had to wait hours while parts were brought out by boat to fix it. Hope that doesn't happen to me on the 22nd.

I've been back to the good old gym and discovered that the equipment is suffering from overuse and undermaintenance. The pulldown machine won't pull down, the bars will barely bell and the static cycle has a wobbly top section and sqeaky wheels. Luckily we've befriended the Maintenance Supervisor - lovely bloke by the name of Bob Zitsch (Yes he's American) and he's promised to look into it. I'll be back there tonight so I hope he's done it already. Mind you he's 70 years old so he might have forgotten. Bless. Actually he looks about 55 so the oil business can't be all bad.

Bart's teeth have caused much hilarity this week. He's half way through a 6 month program of braces to close the gap between the front two, which was so large I wondered if it would have been easier to fit an extra one in. Now that would be a novel look. Anyway, right now he can't say words containing doulble esses without emitting a comical whistling sound, like an old kettle.

Bart struggles to keep his flaming hand away from his bananas.


When not sleeping, eating or working I find time for drumming practice (yes you heard me), reading or playing Age of Empires III - a fine game and recommended to anyone under the age
of 90. Games are quite bloke-ish I know, but ladies please don't hate us for it. We find shoes quite dull but we don't complain when you accumulate thousands of them. Wifey informed me today that she's finally found a replacement for her favourite red pumps, which she's been wearing for years even though they suffered a terrible accident with some black scuff-coat last summer.


No reason for posting this pic, I just think it's nice.


This is a sunrise, thankfully rig-free. The horizon here is full of the damned things - you 'd think this was the middle of an oil field.

My birthday happens while I'm home (go figure) so I've made a wishlist of stuff I'd really like:

  • Lamborghini
  • 3 year holiday
  • Another 3 year holiday
  • Cancel the Lambo, I hate cars
  • Some time off
  • A rest

I've been eating healthily since getting here, despite the abundance of cake on offer. I did take photos of a couple of meals with the intention of posting them here, but I think I've plumbed the depths of dullness enough for one day. That's the probem with trying to keep a blog running - you end up photographing your food. Madness. I'll post again when something interesting happens. Meanwhile I'm off to burn 400 calories on a rickety bike.

Later, be good

6 comments:

  1. Hi Russell, Great pics and I could imagine the size of the turtle ... they are growing it ... by feeding it potato peelings with chilli, pre-flavvouring it for Thanks-giving dinner a-la-thai style ... LOL!!!

    To alleviate some boredom you might have to ask Maintenance Man for a few screwdrivers, a hammer and a cloth and fix the gym stuff yourself ... Ah dont forget the grease and oil!

    Otherwise you can make up rhymes for Bart to say to pass the time ... you know those silly ones like Peter, Peter Pumkin Eater, had a wife and couldnt keep her ... but with SSSS ... oh yeah ... She sells seashells on the seashore ...!!! Film him ... and post it to You-tube. The extra tooth might be a novelty with the Thai ladies though ... dont knock it till you have tried it and just think in his old age he might still have at least one tooth to eat his porridge with ... Oh I am cruel ... LOL!!!

    Takie it easy and have fun, today is my first day back at work ... *sigh* !!!

    Later ... aligator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got retrenched today ... fecking hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's retrenched eh? Sounds painful.

    Does it involve work locations? You drive a billion miles a week anyway if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No silly ... I lost my job ... !!! Now I join one of the other 25% of the unemployed in Ireland ... 1.8 million workers 350 000 unemployed ... the odds arent great ...

    I dont mind driving for work ... have just done some MAPP tests ... Good jobs for me ... Event Manager, Sales Engineer, Buyer, Management Analyist ... roll on the next boom when these jobs are available ... Bloody hell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odette, thats awfull - bit rotten to sack you on your first day back. Take a well deserved rest - it wont be forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..seconded. Odette, spend some time in the garden - it's spring.

    ReplyDelete