Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lizards

Sunday and I'm working. I've now gone ten weeks with one day off, and no let-up probably for another ten weeks. Lucky to be in a job I suppose, the way things are going back in blighty.

I really must brush up on my kitchen hygiene. Crumbs left around, dishes not necessarily washed immediately. This morning I was washing some dishes which had been left overnight, and all of a sudden a Lizard jumped out of the suds onto my hand. Bit of a shock at 6.30 on a Sunday morning. I shook it off onto the draining board, whereupon it sauntered into a corner of the worktop, looking soapy but dignified, and stared at me balefully while I finished the dishes. I presume it was waiting to dry out before scuttling off to munch on someone else's leftovers.

Lizards are everywhere here, so if anyone's planning to visit, be ready.

Speaking of cold blood, I'm in the office now, it's 8.10 am and the AC doesn't cut in until 9. If I was reptilian I'd be basking in the heat (and checking out the kitchen), but since I'm a mere mammal I'll just stew for an hour or so. Ah well, back to the bits and bytes...

Be good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Russell,

    Gee, I am having an awful time trying to write replies to your posts ... the system keeps telling me the server is down so here goes.

    I think the Lizard affair is very funny and they can stare ... LOL!

    Sorry to hear you arent getting any time off ... dont get burn-out. The Dr says I have chronic stress and there is actually no cure as anti-depressants wont help. Ive a few days leave and Im trying to sleep my way out of it.

    Take it easy where you can and chat soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi R
    Long time no speak and my apologies for that, we have been so busy at home and me at work I have, only due to the numerous things going round in my head, inadvertantly failed miserably to keep in contact with you and I sincerely apologise for that.
    I am currently in pain due to an injury I incurred yesterday helping clear Mart's dad's garden and therefore have had the time to turn on the computer and do something worthy. I can't quite tell whether I have sprained a muscle or have in fact done some more lasting damage (fractured/broke!!) to my left forearm but it bloody kills. Anyway, glad to hear you have made friends with the reptilians in Thai, atleast they are helping clean the dishes for you and get there own personal clean in the process (not sure how good it is for their skin though!!)
    with regards working, my job is hell but yes I should be happy I have a job - just can't keep on top of them all - stress, low morale, sickness, too much work, no way near enough staff....the list goes on, etc, etc.
    Although it is getting ever so slightly warmer here by a degree or too I wouldn't mind right now being in a nice warm (sauna like) office doing work I enjoy (are you still enjoying it!?) but understandably every day of the week might be a little too much - well at least there are no distractions (wifey, offers to the pub, offers of walks, meals, cycling tours etc) but those are things you can try and look forward to on your next return home.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete