Site Hits - Well done one and all

Monday, March 9, 2009

Bike Update Update Update

Ok, title getting silly now. Note to self: stop it.


Well the deposit's paid. Now the wait begins. I nearly went for one of these:
















..but decided in the name of price and practicality to opt for one of these:




..in orange. Problem is they can't deliver until April 8th, and I go to the platform on March 30th, so won't get to ride it till I get home. Wahh.
I also found out why Kawasaki's are so cheap here (less than half the price of Yamaha, for instance) - they are made in Thailand. Yes indeed the factory is in Rayong. Happy days.


In other news, I now have a new passport, to replace my wrinkly one. (see earlier blog, and shame on you for not knowing what I'm talking about). Now I just need to get the visa reprinted and I'm all set. Mind you, the visa won't be necessary for a while because Lyn is coming here in April and my next trip home looks like being in June.

While we're on Lyn, do you think she'll get on the back of the bike when she comes over? More likely hit me over the head for buying it. I haven't actually had the courage to mention putting the deposit today, so Lyn, please don't be too angry, I'll be very careful. Have you ever banged your thumb with a hammer, and had those breathless few seconds of "gosh, that's going to hurt" before the pain kicks in? That's how I feel now..

In other news, the response to my pop video has been so nice that I'm in the process of making another one. Any suggestions as to content would be gratefully received and, of course, completely ignored.
See you all one day, be good

4 comments:

  1. Yes, oh dear. Limited choice I'm afraid. Hey it's not all bad - Kawasaki's are traditionally bight green. Yack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is the best colour in the whole wide world. Fact.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is an extensive list of things in the world which should be green:

    Grass.

    As you can see, motorcycles are not on the list. Kawasaki should be reported to the colour police for perpetrating their offensive products.

    ReplyDelete