Site Hits - Well done one and all

Friday, September 19, 2008

Soi Cowboy

So there we were in the middle of one of the seediest streets in the seediest country in the seediest continent on the seediest planet in the Galaxy (too many seediests? Yes thought so).

Lyn, after having a good look around, and nodding towards one particularly scantily clad lass, pipes up "how many pairs of those shorts would I have to sew together to cover my arse?".

She was a trooper, very patient while the male members of our company looked arround with "Could-if-I-wanted-to-but-nothing-takes-my-fancy" expressions. Except me of course, I only have eye for Lyn.
The place is really the acceptable side of Bangkok's sex trade, lots of tourists window shopping and, as far as I could see, not partaking of the (in my opinion far too skinny) delights on offer.
For a real slice of the dark side, apparently the place to go is Nana Plaza, and maybe one evening I'll trundle over there for a look.
In other news, the weather has taken a worn for the terse, raining every day quite hard. Yes I know I've said this before but this time it's really bad, like if it keeps on like this I'll soon be taking advantage of the new submarine taxi service to get to work.
In other news, I'm heartily sick of financial news, especially the bad kind. By bad I mean delivered by people who are obviously only too happy to bellow the news at full tilt without drawing breath for minutes at a time. This is usually in a New York accent. (Sorry to all our New York readers)
In other news, Lyn will shortly be setting up an internet shop selling silk purses. Or was it sows ears?. No, definitely purses. She bought about a million of the pesky things from a trader, and we reckon she could turn a serious profit on them if she tried selling them in blighty. Actually she only bought half a dozen, at least three of which are destined for her own handbag collection, the other three being stocking-fillers.
In other news, we found an excellent website which allows us to browse about 50 restaurants in Bangkok, and order food to be delivered within the hour. The interface is quite slick, there are full descriptions of every item and it has a shopping basket/checkout system which allows online payment. We went for Lebanese, and there was an awful lot of Garlic in it, otherwise it was very nice, as is the lovely chilled Chardonnay which came with it, and I'm currently working on my second large glass. Hic.
In other newsh, shomeshing sheems choo have gone wrong with my moush, sho I'm going for a nishe lie down now (hic) night night.

1 comment:

  1. Weather may be bad there but glorious here. Sunny for the next 5days (they say!) but today has been particularly good (not that I saw any of it) will explain in a moment & is looking good for Hayfield Sheep Dog Trials tomorrow(spf factor will almost certainly be required).
    In other news, Martin again pulled his back out today before he had even lifted the concrete lintel he was needing to put up in our house today and is thankful he is going to see Brian the Oesteopath on Monday and I decided to slice half my finger with secaters today, making lanterns!!! Lots of blood and was in need of emergency attention. Nurse says will heal for wedding day, oh and I will live to see another day, no guarantees though that I may suffer with nerve damage at some point in the future - finding it difficult to type, so will sign off for now as it has been an exhausting day and am shattered

    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete