Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Biter Bit

Here's me tucking into a fried grasshopper. All together now - "It's just not cricket".










It tasted of palm oil, which is handy (guffaw) as that's what it was fried in. You can't quite make out its legs here, but they were as long as the body.

Here are the ones that got away...

Lyn was suitably disgusted, but fortunately not too ill to take the pictures.
No food value at all as far as I can tell. Just had to try it for bragging rights really. Didn't fancy the chrysalis though, they looked a bit juicy.
I'm not hearing much news from home - I understand Martin and Lucy are busy planning nuptials but what about the rest of you reprobates eh? Eh? Since Lyn got over here it's all gone quiet in New Mills it seems.
It's now only 28 days till I have my first trip home and I couldn't be more excited. Remember now, no welcoming committees, champagne, red carpets, ticketape processions, national holidays etc. Just keep it low key. I don't like being made a fuss of as you know (ahem.)
In work today I was informed that my first trip to the rigs is planned for early October, so I should have lots of jolly-jack-tar type escapades to relate in this very publication, and to tell in person to anybody who'll listen when I get home.
It's now been raining almost solidly for two days, so same as England I suppose. It's proper rain here though, none of that drizzly stuff you get. Rainy season ends in October, or November, or September - depends who you ask. I'll keep you all posted on the weather, especially if it's nice....

3 comments:

  1. No fuss I am sure but plenty of champagne (it comes with weddings you know!! well mine anyway) but depending on your expected time of arrival but a booking at the Beehive with the boys be in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Martin's thought on you and the Grasshopper was not good and reminds him of that programme - I am a celebrity, get me out of here. Well that was his thoughts anyway and he wasn't the one eating the creature. Is this your new staple diet?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you jumped up and grabbed the thing mid-flight??
    This new insect only diet will save you lots of baht on lunch now... Try not to get too addicted to them - I doubt Tesco has a 'best' range of insects. Since you're off to the rig soon, you have to start wearing a patch on your blind side! Arrghhh

    ReplyDelete