Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Suvarnabhumi Airport

On my way home for the last time, and feeling pretty chipper about it all. I've been upgraded to Business Class for the whole trip, including being driven home from Manchester, thanks to wifey's carefully hoarded airmiles (I owe you a posh dinner missus).

I'm in the Emirates lounge, la di da, just had my posh breakfast in the little resh-tront here. Has anyone else observed the curious lethargy that overcomes people in Hotel/Lounge self-serve restaurants, by the way? Most intriguing. It's asif they think if they move r e a l l y s l o w l y... nobody will notice they don't know where the butter is. Since noticing this, and not wanting to run (or amble) with the crowd, I move very quickly and with apparent confidence, even though I'm probably the world's worst butter-finder. Of course this means I end up with some strange meals but I manage to cram it all in somehow.

I'm aware that this isn't exactly Manchester-based news, and that means I was slightly too eager to get the new blog going, but my excuse is that I've had a few days of sitting around waiting for stuff to happen and I needed something un-stressful to think about.

While we're on the new blog, the colour has been called into question. Let me be clear: I'll have no dissent here. The choice was driven by extremely expensive professional psychological profiling of the texts of all the contributions so far, and is calculated to induce a feeling of calm and serenity in the prospective contributor. So what d'you mean, you don't like it?

While we're on psychological profiling, has the election finished yet? I hope you all voted, or at least those of you who live in the UK. I would have, but someone binned the forms...I emailed all the local candidates and suggested that if they signed up to the "Save 6Music" lobby, I might vote for them. I got an immediate reply from the UKIP candidate which was full of vim and vigour, but basically said no. I had the impression they aren't really inrterested in music, more focussed on keeping the pound. Doesn't get my vote. I had a few other replies, the last of which, and the most supportive, was from the green party. There is no Labour candidate for the area, so some tactical voting is required methinks...

Here's the last meal I had in Bangkok:
Green Chicken Curry. Boy was it hot - that's a proper Thai curry, tastes basically like coconut flavoured battery acid.

Ah well, that's enough. Might scribble something from the Emirates lounge in Dubai.

Bye all.

2 comments:

  1. Election is tomorrow! It's all very nerve-wracking. The Conservatives might actually get in :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont really care who gets in ... as long as I do ... Tee hee

    ReplyDelete