Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All Sorts of Stuff

No Piccadilly buskers I'm afraid, but there's news of my new job, motorcycling revisited, Joan Armour-Plating and other quality items.

Firstly, the rather good Armatrading concert. We went to Buxton Opera House to see the singer/guitarist. We took in a nice meal en route with my erstwhile Bangkok drinking companions Peter and Tracy, which was nice. St Moritz in Buxton, £7.50 for two courses - you heard it here first. The concert was great, and I hadn't realised that Ms Armatrading is a very good blues guitarist, which was a bonus. She played for two hours, a mix of her hits and some album tracks. Tears were jerked during "All the way from America", I have to admit. Beautiful voice. And yes, she played Drop the Pilot.

Oi, what d'you think this is?
Wronnnnnnnnng! It's a fives court. A bit smaller than a squash court, and squash players would hate the black walls ("Where's the bloody ball gone?"). I haven't seen a fives court since school days. There were two courts in the playground at the Liverpool Institute, and I have to tell you I was unbeatable on them, even if we did make the rules up as we went along. Anyway, there are two of these at the sports club close to where I now work. I think I'll ignore them and stick to swimming.

Speaking of work, it's going well, thanks for asking. The journey in is a bit busy no matter what unearthly time I get up, but on the bike that just means I get to overtake more disgruntled car drivers.

It's a fantastic feeling to be riding again. The bike is a bit rattly and I have to decide whether to replace the camchain, or part-ex the bike and let someone else experience the sickening crunch as it gives way. Any suggestions?

Right, I better do some work. Be good.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sir ! How's the job - have they given you some obscure PLC yet then? - or do you still live in fear!! Sure you'll manage. Must be great to be back. What news of Salford! Well - my contract is officially ending now - so interesting times ahead.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No obscurity, just a plain old FDS to produce, and without any knowledge of the job. So no pressure then.
    Sorry about your contract, but sure it's not a real surprise to you. Will you be off to Thailand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam chain (shudder). I have been off the road for 2 weeks? waiting for €100 in parts (€200 if I hadn't got them from my man in Japan). The head is off and I have to remember where all the bits go.

    All because the sodding cam chain slipped - faulty tensioner.

    Can't advise you on what decision to make - just make one quickly before it is make for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, that's worrying. Was there a bang when it happened?

    ReplyDelete