Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, March 21, 2010

White shirts?

I know, I'm in danger of becoming your far-east shirt correspondent, but a strange new group appeared on the scene here today. I was out cycling - same route as last time but a bit further - and this time on the way home I witnessed about 100 folk in white shirts getting ready to head into town. They had Thai flags, and the occasional yellow flag, so maybe they are campaigning for the status quo. I couldn't tell if they were hostile (they all just looked bewildered) so didn't feel able to photograph them.

Anyhoo, on the subject of cycling, I managed 62 k today without too much drama. Made my juice a bit too strong, got thirsty and ran out with 7 k to go, which caused a bit of cramp. I think that because I sweat so much, the balance of chemicals needed to keep me going can easily get out of tolerance, so to speak. Or maybe the cramp was due to a build up of lactic acid and I need to take Odette's baking-soda advice.

I'm fairly confident now, that I won't be completely useless on next Saturday's Hash House ride. I will try to remember to wear the helmet-cam for that. Should be fun.

Here's a photo of home, from 3 k away:

Right, I'm off to relax for the rest of the day. Be good.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Russell

    Well done on your 62km ride, I did a 10 mile run yesterday and a 30km ride today. Felt great. Try the baking soda, you will be presently surprised ...

    Busy sanding a sideboard down to bare oak, its a lovely blonde. Im going to seal it with teak oil.

    Go easy

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a listen to this album online - the midnight organ fight.

    http://fat-cat.co.uk/fatcat/release.php?id=253

    and some of there newer stuff -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzjERZU3wbY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just do that, but who's asking? My parents said don't accept links from strangers. I know it's someone who can't spell "their", which narrows it down to 90% of my regular contributors. (That'll get them shouting)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I just listened to the first one and it's Scottish and rather good. Does that give me a clue as to who posted it? Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes, I noticed the spelling mistake as soon as I posted ! I have this new band on loop right now ! Modern Leper and Floating in the Forth - great stuff.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I'll be buying the album definitely. Not got around to their other stuff yet, very busy at work. A full account of my epic bike ride (with video) is imminent too. And her majesty arrrives tomorrow - gosh I can't cope with this sudden accelertation in life. Where's the valium?

    ReplyDelete