Site Hits - Well done one and all

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rutnin

Rutnin - no, not a new band. It's the eye hospital in Bangkok. I went to see if the prognosis for my condition (Coats' Disease - look it up) had changed in the last 30 years. Bad news - it hasn't. Good news - after exhaustive tests my left eye shows no sign of developing problems. Sarcastic whoopees all round.

I did get a severe lecture from the eye quack, about playing squash sans goggles (Lynny, find my prescription gigs and send them over please).

I also got a lecture from the missus which was along the lines of "fix the teeth first, you moron".

I also got my left eye's pupil dilated for the examination, then sent out into Bangkok sunshine to make my way home (eyewatering), hoping it would wear off before my squash match later in the day (it did).

While we're on squash....Who said nothing ever gets fixed in Thailand? This is one of the courts at Supalai Park (my apartment block). I can nip over and play any time I like and I'm just as happy as a clam.

I've bought four new albums this week, all by artists you lot won't have heard of, you bunch of Philistines. When I've listened exhaustively to them all I'll post a track from each album here, as part of my ongoing (and rather sad) atempt to enlighten you all to the pleasures of music that isn't either a) a thousand years old, or b) written with the latest x-factor contestant in mind. By the way Sandy, that Philistines jab doesn't include you. Gosh, I can hear the howls from everyone else already. (Note from editor - this is better stuff, edgy, cynical.) Which brings up a question - hands up anyone who's actually gone and bought music on the strength of my posting it here? Do any of you actually buy music, or have you fallen into that curse of modern society, the illegal download? Or would you rather watch telly than turn on the stereogram? Shame on you for either.

I watched a guy die this morning on TV, and I'm not happy about it. I sat down and there it was - the terrible accident on the Luge at the Olympics. No need to go into details, but the point is, why show it? Not in the public interest at all. Gave me the heeby geebies, and so sad for his family.

Right, I'm off to sulk. Be good.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - they should never have showed the crash on telly. The Olympians are there to entertain us - but not in death. I think the track was too fast.... Anyway...here's something mellow I've recently re-discovered...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHnP_NNv_3A

    ...obviously not philistine music...proving Russell's theory....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check it out as soon as I get Internet at home, Youtube is blocked at work :(
    Apparently my internet will burst into life this wednesday. Any bets?

    ReplyDelete