Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Flying tomorrow

Heheee, home in a day and a half!

Can't wait. Beehive Friday 7pm, I'm buying. Be there or be, er, elsewhere.

In other news, my holiday to Spain has been cancelled (sorry M&L) due to Ryanair's continuing inability to keep to their own arrangements after charging us to make them.

Speaking of Pizza (which I wasn't), I hope I can stick to a reasonably healthy diet whilst I'm home; the Thai food seems to have been beneficial to my health. I seem to have lost my love handles, which is careless but gratifying. I'll probably go straight to the pizza place on Friday, and eat nothing but junk for two weeks.

Speaking of junk (which I was), I have to bring home most of the tat Lyn bought while she was here. (She could have taken it home herself but she has people to do that for her...) Anyway with this in mind I bought what I thought was the world's biggest suitcase. Got it home, put the tat in it - full to the brim. I'll just about fit a couple of pairs of wagons in if I'm lucky. So you won't be seeing me in my Thai clothes I'm afraid, I'll be stuck with those parts of my (ahem) extensive wardrobe which were left at home when I came out here.

Speaking of spousal irritation (which I may or may not have been), I now find that having dragged myself across the globe to arrive in Manchester on Friday morning, I have to get the train into New Mills because wifey will be at University that day. Hmph. Well I did say no tickertape....

4 comments:

  1. No mention of meeting up with your daughter while you're home? For shame! I need details, man!

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry old chap. We'll do something nice I promise. I'm home friday morning, staying till Saturday 25th. Got you a nice little present too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a virtual mine of information! Call me when you're on home soil.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Russ-man

    Great news and Im sure you are going to have a ball (please pardon the pun ... honestly !!!)

    Your thai clothes wouldnt do anyhoo as its freezing and them lil cotton shorts just wont hold up. Have a super time and I'll call while you are there.

    Good news - my long form birth certs arrived yesterday and so its off to the French Embassy next week ... Vive la France ... vive la difference !!!

    Hugz and please remember that although you love Lyn desperately its actually Cheese and Onion you are going home too and they expected to be treated with fitting adoration (ahem !!!)

    ReplyDelete