Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Wait Goes On

Just found out that my drums, together with the rest of my stuff, haven't even left Thailand yet. Damn these cheap options. I've just taken delivery of a 1963 edition of the classic drummer's instruction pamphlet "Drumming Techniques for Snare Drummers", originally printed in 1935. Loads of routines to improve technique, and I have nothing to practice on except a pillow. I despair.

Isn't this a lovely summer we're having? I was just unwrapping myself this morning after the ride to work (gingerly - my back is groaning) and having uncharitable thoughts about the English weather, when I suddenly had a flashback to Bangkok, where it was impossible to walk the 200 metres to work without sweating profusely. Which is worse? Bangkok every time.

Anyone got world cup fever yet? I had it, but two paracetamol and a hot bath sorted it out. I drew South Africa in the sweep at work, which should please the lodger. Prizes for winners, runners up and booby prize for most goals conceded... which one will I be most likely to win? Only joking Odette, I'm sure they will have a good run. England, on the other hand, will probably lose to the USA, struggle to get through the group stage and exit in unlucky fashion at the semi final stage, with yet another poor sap missing a penalty. What is it about Englishmen and penalties? Killer instinct missing? More like two left feet. Here at work they are all limbering up for the beer-and-telly-fest by playing the "Air Horn" app on their iPhones. Gosh, if I didn't like iPhones before, I sure hate them now. Apparently if you shake the phone the horn plays for longer. Please don't try it at home, apple fans. Speshly you, wife.

I'm off to restore a backup. Yes, I'm actually working. Isn't life wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment