Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tap Dancing

I was working away in the office yesterday, as usual diggin' the choons in my earphones, when I was tapped on the shoulder. I doffed the earphones and found to my shame that everybody in the office was looking at me and laughing. One of them was on the phone with people on the floor below, and they were complaining about the tap dancing. I was a victim of my habit of drumming along with my feet, and the ancient wooden floors in this converted mill. I was mortified, and now I'm being careful not to let my feet start a-tapping. I don't know how long it will last.

Stopped half way home yesterday after a couple of scary moments on 't motorbike. It was handling very badly on bends, weaving around horribly. I pulled into a garage, checked the tyre pressures - 12 psi in the back. Hmm, that'll be the problem then. On inspection I found this little blighter was to blame..
A nail I could live with, but a screw? Ridiculous. I wondered what the strange rhythmic clicking sound was.

Apparently the tyre manufacturers frown upon repairing tyres, but at £150 a pop for a new one, I think I'll risk their disapproval. This all means I'm on the pushbike till further notice. Had my first go this morning - I reckoned it would take an hour, but got slightly lost in Stockport and took an accidental 3-mile detour. I was never a good orienteer. I ended up taking 91 minutes and arrived to find everyone worrying that I'd gone under a bus. I'll find a more direct route and work on the time. Actually it was a lovely morning for a ride, but that won't always be true, will it?

Oops, just discovered my feet were tapping. Damn you, Phantom Band.

Laters.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Readers,

    (Strictly confidential inside information on the Broken-Back/Rollercoaster household)

    What Russell has failed to mention is all this cycling has him arriving home ravenous and demanding his 'tea' with lots of carbs as he mounts the 4 flights of stairs, much to Lyn's exasperation!

    Having dinner-on-the-table when the master of the house arrives home was not part of the deal ... HA HA HA, anyway Lyn is a grazer and not fixated on real-meals so Russell has been at the mercy of the fridge. I suspect he is munching the cat pellets whilst making tea ... LOL

    ... as its providing much hilarity not sure if its not a good idea to keep the motorbike parked up, except he is getting far fitter than me and it could prove a problem on other battle-fields ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillarious! Poor Russell - the life of a tortured musician is not an easy one.

    In BKK nobody would be so impolite at to point out your drumming.

    Get the type repaired by a car repairer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tortured? Is that how I sound?

    I did take the tyre to be vulcanised, but predictably the chap pointed out that it was over half worn anyway so I bought a Dunlop for £93 fitted. Once the mould release agent has gone and it starts to work like a tyre instead of riding on marbles, I'll report back how good it is.

    ReplyDelete