Site Hits - Well done one and all

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Special Day

Well, I've handed in the aforementioned notice, and it went as well as could be expected. In fact I think the boss was quite relieved - me leaving saves him some money and the books aren't exactly full of orders right now.

Now I have the (for me) nightmare of organising myself home in one piece, and with as much as possible of my vast fortune intact. I hate this part...

Thanks to all who sent me birthday wishes. The best birthday present would be a time-travel gadget to bypass this week.

My flight home (ahhhh) is booked for May 8th. Motorbike service is booked and the bike will be ready for me. Can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. Right into the next contract? No holidays?! So - worked out how to get a drumkit and mountain bike home yet? I'll see you in England for a pint or two when you get back !

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't worked it out, and it's making me worry. I can see this costing too much money..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel another celebration is on the cards, maybe this time we can celebrate your birthday and return home in proper style, although the pub did go down well.
    I'll get you fit for our thout hills in no time, more of mellor on the cards then?
    Can you not dismantle your bike and put it in a cheapo suitcase!!!:-/ and did you not say you drumkit came out of a box?! Or was that just pure optimism on your part. You have a week to figure it out, you will, we all know you will. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a Pickfords office in Bangkok, would you believe. My moving worries are over, they do door to door and handle inventory, customs, packaging, the lot. The drums go in nice boxes, but I don't think those would be tough enough for a sea voyage, being lobbed in and out of containers etc. And the bike goes in a travel bag, again not very protective. I've taken out insurance...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done and best of luck ... trust ... p p p p pickfords ... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to you too, marathon woman.

    ReplyDelete