Site Hits - Well done one and all

Monday, April 26, 2010

Dubai - Last trip out

I'm heading back to Bangkok, to hand in my notice and pack my stuff. This will be my last trip out. I couldn't be more excited.

This trip home has been eventful to the point of hecticity (New word). We've been working on Lyn's 3rd year art piece, which is a big installation in a disused house in Bolton town centre. I also started job-hunting and managed to fit in a bike ride, and of course some (rather enjoyable) drinking.

I've also read and understood a book called "Why does E=mc2" which sets about explaining Einstein's theory of relativity in laymans terms. Most enjoyable. I'm also re-reading "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", which is equally interesting.

Badpoints: not enough time to see Number one daughter, number one brother or sisters one and three, all of which I had the opportunity to see.

Gate is about to open so very quickly, here are some photos:
View from the roof of our house in spring obviously excites me more than her..

Pub lunch, this was just the starter. Boy was I full. But happy.

Few drinks and I'm putting bags on my head. Pathetic.

For Bart. Sorry I'm leaving mate.

Don't even remember where this was. Liked it though.

Gorilla in cute ponytail. Odd.

I start a new contract in Salford Quays next month, so the blog will be either renamed or shelved completely. Any opinions?

12 comments:

  1. i'll be getting a reputation looking at the last few photos of me, always hungover !!

    i vote keep the blog going, see you soon, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the blog! Otherwise you'd have to call people :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, that smarts, daughter. Good shot though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep the blog. Where else can we get photos of people standing on one leg, sunburn, and mens toilets. Looking forward to the next few episodes - a reluctant engineer in Salford. Home every night huh? Good stuff. Wifey prob get fed up with you , and demand another contract somewhere warm and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reluctant engineer in Salford. Hmm. I was thinking of renaming the blog since the Ferret acronym is now obsolete. Current favourite is SQUARE TIMES - being "Salford QUays And Reluctant Engineering".

    All suggestions happily ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stick with the rodent theme - SQUIRREL TIMES!

    Salford QUays Inspires a Reticent Reluctant Engineer to Loquacity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its an acronym ? - an ACRONYM ? Who knew? I thought you just liked ferrets. Almost 2 years, and if you listen really closely - you can probably hear the penny drop all the way over in Bangkok. I'm actually shaking my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok - so put me out of my missery - what is Ferret an acronym for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah - never mind -just read the top of the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only we had an engineer to help us with this cryptic puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys.. I told you all this when I started the blog. In the words of Benny Hill, "Why you no rissen?"

    ReplyDelete