Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Three days off

In the middle of what seems like a very long break. Actually it's a three-day weekend because Monday is a national holiday. Unfortunately wifey's not here and I'm bored. So much so that I decided an hour ago that the furniture needed rearranging. I'm now sat facing a wall, whereas before I faced the window. However, I always had the curtain closed to cut out the glare, and now at least I'm not sat in the icy blast from the air conditioning unit. Much more comfortable. Here's a quick tour..


While we're on video, I await the arrival of my helmet cam, which will give me the ability to film anywhere and everywhere. I plan to film my journey to work and set it to music of course. Not sure Lyn will enjoy the occasionally small gaps I have to go through on the bike, but art is art, dahling.

I made an appointment to see some much cheaper apartments next week, closer to work - much closer. In fact walking distance from work. If I do move out it will be sad, I'm very comfortable here and guests seem to like it. I have Lyn and that Irish woman coming over in January so I'll keep this place till at least February. Also if I move close to work I won't need the bike so more savings there. Anyone want a mint condition D-Tracker? One careful owner...

Been training pretty much every day since the eat-athon that was Bangladesh. Now I feel a bit washed out, but also righteous. Today is a day of rest then it's back to the gym tomorrow. New gym is great, after the initial disappointment at finding that, surprise surprise, the rowing machine didn't work. I discovered this on the night I joined, so gave the manager an earful and threatened to leave if it didn't get fixed. Yes, pedantic and overbearing I admit. Lo and behold, on my second visit there was a new machine in its place. Now I feel obliged to row every time I visit. The gym also has a swimming pool, outdoor. It's fairly cool out there in the evenings, being December - I'd say mid-twenties centigrade, so a swim after training is perfect for cooling me down. All in all I'm pleased I changed gyms.

No other news, and no jokes I'm afraid. I better get on with the New Mills Original website I'm supposed to be developing.

Be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment