Site Hits - Well done one and all

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Go


"Go" Is a topical word for me at the moment, being as I'm going to another part of Bangkok very soon, having today paid the deposit on another apartment. It's also the title of my new ground-breaking popular music video, which I post here for your enjoyment. It's not as exciting as the last one but I love the music just as much, so make sure you put it on extra-loud. (Clue - it's a builder).




Comment please, good or bad. If it bored you, that's bad. Anything else - nausea, headache, irritation of the skin or the mind, fear, loathing or love - those are all good. And if you actually liked it then even better.

By the way, the sharp-eyed amongst you will deduce from this footage that my new helmet-cam has arrived. Prepare for tons of video, in a host of inappropriate situations. A walk around the office, a drumming demostration, a visit to the Bai Yoke tower, an hour on a rowing machine (that'll get your travel sickness going), the possibilities are endless. That is, if I care to undertake these activities with an enormous blue rubber strap around my forehead, and what looks like a rocket-launcher hanging onto it. Nano-tech it is not...



Some pics of the view from my new apartment:



..and yes Lynny, it has a nice pool..


..at least we're not overlooked - except for the 200 foot elephant of course..

In other news, I was at the gym today when I noticed this guy:

Busiest man on the planet

Notice he's keeping himself occupied. Sorry it's a bit blurred - my arms were shaking from a particularly strenuous military curl - but he's reading, watching telly, listening to music AND exercising. What a hero.

While we're on (or in) the Gym, I did a quick double-take when I noticed they were selling sweat in the drinks cabinet, alongside the obligatory Perrier and Evian..


Blimey, what ever next?

I had to buy it, and despite looking like sweat, it tastes like Gatorade. So next time I'll take my own drinks.

What else is new? Oh yes, congrats to Wifey and Maureen for the successful exhibition opening night, and hope the visitors continue to flood in. There need to be more events like that in New Mills, so say we all.


Be good.

13 comments:

  1. hmmm, very good, not sure about the gaps though, you sure you know how to ride a bike, i saw the family go past as well and the lady riding side saddle with the green shopping won in the end! a good shot would be at the back of the bikes waiting for the lights to change, wacky races style,

    trosses, what do you think that might be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like a bottle of sweat please!


    bloody freezing here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video a lot. Put it on YouTube! It'd be a nice bit of promotion for whatever band that was...

    Pocari sweat, eh? Two questions:
    What is a Pocari?
    and:
    Who has the job of collecting the sweat?

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, glad you like it. I was beginning to fret at the lack of response, but I suppose other people have lives, stuff to do etc. (Always had trouble keeping that in mind.)
    I loked up Pocari, apparently it's Japanese for "Lightly". It's a popular drink in Japan, it says here. Good old Wiki.
    I worry about copyright policemen even putting music on my own blog. I'd worry even more if I put it on YouTube. Am I being a sissy?
    The music is "Crocodile" by The Phantom Band, by the way. I've mentioned them before a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wikipedia: taking the fun out of speculation since January 15th, 2001 (it's true, I wiki'ed it).

    A bit sissy, yes. If they don't like it being there they'll ask you to take it down. No harm done.

    When you back?

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'll shove it on the choob.
    Back to blighty on 19th for two weeks of food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new apartment huh? where is it - closer to work then - middle of nowhere but cheaper I suppose. So - since you are taking a new apartment, does that mean you've got a shiny new contract? Good show. Things went a bit wobbly here. The contrator grape-vine was awash with 'pay-off' rumours. mmmmm
    True it's very quiet here- and my spidey sense in tingling - but I'm enjoying Glasgow and can't really face another move as yet.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. New apartment is in Chatuchak (no, not in the market) very close to work, hence selling the bike. From mid-January I'll be walking to work and having an extra half-hour in bed. Expect a lightening of my mood. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing I decided against getting you a 'Mr Grumpy' mug for christmas, then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd have accepted it gladly. Actually I just got back from selling my bike, so right now I suppose I could be described as grumpy, since despite the total lack of a reason for owning it, my heart was yelling "Stop!" as I handed over the keys.

    Ah well, more blogs about train journeys coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sold the bike huh? You never had it that long - are you posturing for a quick exit from Thailand? 7.36 mins long..... that'll be £4.41 for my time I think...By the terrified looks on pedestrians and stall owners (who obviously thouht the terminator himself had arrived)- you had the head cam on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What, the video was so dull, you charged me for you watching it?

    I think the possibility of being sent home did factor in my decision to sell the bike yes. However I'm not for the chop just yet. There will be more trips to Bangla, hopefully by seaplane and speedboat. Film of those events is imminent. Any suggestions for a musical accompaniment?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't be a true contractor if I didn't charge for my time eh? eh? Now - do you have a project number for my timesheet? How about wacky races, benny hill for the tune - maybe ride of the valkyries for the boat scene - like back in 'nam

    ReplyDelete