Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anyone still reading?

I wouldn't blame anyone for abandoning ferret times, lord knows the content's been a bit sparse lately. I'm lacking new material, that's the problem. Presumably when I finally go to Bangladesh I'll have something to report.

While I'm on I'll give a snippet: I took the long way home from work today, to put some miles on the bike. Took me 3.5 hours and I covered 100 miles. Now that's a long way round. My cheeks are giving me gyp now though.

Staying below 4000rpm. Next time second-hand.

63kph is about 40mph - I did this for 3.5 hours...

Yes that's a sunset, and I rode into it.

The height of laziness, but they do such a good job.


In other news, I'm probably going to the platform on Monday with a man from California, who is an expert on the type of software we use. He's supposed to fix it quick snap so we can all sleep easy at night. I'll believe it when I see it.

In other other news, I've booked a flight home for August 21st. I'll be home for a week and hopefully get to see a few people. That includes you, daughter. Then when I come back I'll bring Lyn AND her sister, so I'll have visitors for a while - all very exciting.

In still more other news, It looks like Bangladesh is now going to be in September but in this game you never know - I could be gone at any time with a couple of days notice.

In other still more other news, wifey's not online tonight and I heard a strong rumour that she's hung over. That'll be too much plonk round at Maureen's then. Anyway since I'm not talking to her I have time to write this blog so not so bad eh?

By the way, I've promised myself some exercise this week because I'm starting to get a bit couch-potato-ish. Hold me to it you lot, I need peer pressure. I do have the number of a guy in Bangkok who can play squash so that's an option but I'd need to be fitter than I am, or I'm likely to keel over on court. Yes I know, not funny.

I'll keep a close watch on the site hit-counter. If the hit rate drops below 5 a day I'll park the site till I've got something to say. Otherwise I'll just keep scribbling drivel since enough people seem to like it.

Be good.

7 comments:

  1. ok, ok - the counter went up by 5 or 6 - we demand news....

    1. Has our hero given up the drums?

    2. Is he on a slow boat to Bangladesh?

    3. Has he upgraded to a fireblade yet?

    4.Did he flee to Zanzibar to avoid a lengthy code de-bug?

    5. Did he get yellow fever - or did the jabs save him......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be lucky. I'm at Leeds festival 21st-24th August. How long are you back for?

    Do some exercise! Nobody likes a fatty.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy:

    News? I'll give you news. Soon as anything new happens.
    1 Given up drums? No. I play regularly but I think I need to take the next step - playing in an ensemble (ok a band). No matter how awful the playing, it would help with timing and structure, what my tutor calls "musicality".
    2 Keep reading for Bangla news. It will happen, but the question is when.
    3 Do those pictures look like I'm riding a fireblade? Actualy one passed me this morning. Bikes that size are so rare here it looked huge and ungainly to me - funny how your perspective changes.
    4 Possibly, but the debug is set to happen next week - doh!
    5 No yellow fever, but after the palaver of getting the injection I went and lost the card in the Hotel room, so had to make the trip home with no proof of inocculation. Double doh!

    Dottir:
    Home till the 29th. I'll work something out. Do you have that week off? Maybe you could come over Friday night (27th) to stay. That's if you have any energy left after the festival. I dislike being a fatty it's true. Thanks for the prod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'll have a job by then! Oh dear. I should be worried about that, shouldn't I?

    Yeah, see what your plans are closer to the time but I could well make a trip up to New Mills on the 27th for a visit :-)

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, I'm still here and still want to hear the news.
    I promise, every time I turn on the computer I do read the ferret news, I've not been on the comps for a week or so though - have enough of them at work and Martin always moans when he does not get my full attention, so blame him!
    I can't believe Lyn was hung over (- what was wrong with you dear, we drank the same and I woke up bright and breezy at 6am the next morning!)
    I do not know whether you will be able to fit it in on your return but we really should do a walk over to Edale when you come back (thoughts being possibly to camp overnight and the do Grindsbrook (our new favourite walk)the following day. Means tea at the Nags Head (we haven't been there before but I have heard yourself and Lyn particularly rave about it) without having to worry about missing the last train! Just a thought.

    Don't be a couch potato, take it from someone who went there and didn't llke it - it feels so much better now I am back doing 40ish miles a week on the bike, I may not have lost the weight I gained but I do feel so much better for it. Now get to that bloody gym, play squash do something - no excuses.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, I've done grindsbrook with kids in tow, backwards, forwards and one-legged, but it's been a while so I'd love to have another go. Not sure about the camping - Lyn hates discomfort - but sure we can get around that somehow.
    Thanks for your encouragement on the exercise thing, I need all the help I can get right now. I will squeeze in a 5k run this weekend I promise. Nice to see you're on the bike again, I'm sure you'll be down to your fighting weight again soon. Looking forward to a hug in August. Thanks also for your kind words about reading the site. Keep reading, things will improve I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexandra Sandringham, yes you should be worried about work. Cream rises to the top, but first it has to be poured into the right cup.
    See you in August, and yes I'll finalise arrangements nearer the time.

    ReplyDelete