Site Hits - Well done one and all

Monday, September 13, 2010

A dream come true

Played music with some musicians - a working class boy's dream. I can't explain how that makes me feel. We had an Irish fiddle player, an Italian guitarist, an English ukulele and harmonica player, and me and wifey (no nationality) on Bodhran. What a lovely evening. No photos though, I was too busy banging the drum. Thanks Ursula, Marco, Roger, wifey, the audience of spouses and of course hostess and prime mover, Maureen.

Next one is in three weeks, and I hope it will be even better.

In other news, what a weekend we've had. London on Thursday evening, saw an opening night of art by Susanne Simonson. We were so blown away, we spent our kitchen on a painting.....
Not a cheap kitchen either. We also managed to quaff far too much crisp white, and both had Brazilians. Meals that is. Friday was the above-mentioned music soiree, then Sunday I was outclassed up hill and down dale by Lucy on the mountain bike. Never mind, it's all good, and I'll be fitter next time.

Lucy, don't get comfy at the front, my fitness will return...

No comments:

Post a Comment