Site Hits - Well done one and all

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Job

Just handed in my notice at Vital. I've been there since I came back from Thailand in May 2010 and had a much much better offer from Capula in Stone. Thirteen months in one job is quite enough, n'est ce pas?

Anyway a chance to work on the "Biggest ever implementation of an Archestra system" was not to be missed.

In other news, music weekend went well. Fell in love with a Sax player - or at least with his playing. The folk-singer-and-poet duo brought him along to do some improv between verses for their show in the Art Lounge. Absolutely stole the show, which is not to say they were bad - in fact they were very good, but he was sublime. He also played a mean flute as seen in the one photo I took on the night..


The following night's irish session was also excellent, and our singer Emma got a lovely round of applause for her two songs. Once again I'm in love. More of these sessions will be forthcoming, as soon as we find a new guitarist. Marco and Emma are off to Italy for the summer and we're all bereft at present.

Tooth update: My gob is proper sore, even five days after last week's emergency filling. I go back this friday for the root filling, but doubt he'll be able to even find the tooth through my swollen cheeks and gums. It seems I bit my cheek while it was all numb last week, and now we're in a vicious circle of more swelling/more biting. It's tear-jerkingly painful and I don't like it. There I've said it. I was premature with my no-more-comedy-faces-while-eating comment, that's for sure. I'm too young to have to suck my toast.

I can assure the reader, by the way, that I managed to get through those few sentences describing my dental problems without jamming my finger into the back of my mouth onto the offending tooth and talking like a dimwit. You all do it, you know you do.

More later, or sooner, whichever is... sooner.

1 comment:

  1. You know it was just to get away from my witless wittering. May not be so easy.
    PN

    ReplyDelete