Site Hits - Well done one and all

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tunnels and stuff

For those who think my life as a reluctant engineer is in some way glamorous, here's where I spend most of my time monday to friday these days: It's a service tunnel, which is adjacent to the road tunnel, which is 50 metres below the river Tyne. It's cold, miserable and dark. Still want to be me?

In other news, today I was mostly sitting watching squash at the British National Championships in Manchester Sport City. I had a great time and the ladies' and mens' finals were both thrilling matches. My hero Nick Matthew (world number 1) was pipped in a five-set thriller by Daryl Selby (world number 10), and the love of my life Jenny Duncalf lost to Laura Massaro from Preston. Here is the lovely Ms Duncalf, off to one side while the victor speaks, proving herself to be a fairly rotten loser...

Ah well, back to Newcastle in the morning. Better go get some sleep. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment